2017 Board Meeting Minutes

 

Vista Del Rio Residents’ Association, Inc.
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Monday January 16, 2017

 

The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm by Pat Wiedhopf.  Jill Kiefer, Sharon Spiker, Anna Watson-Bugge, Mitch Kagen, and Hal Timinsky were present.

The minutes from November 26, 2016 meeting were approved.

Treasurer’s Report:   Membership Account  $875.74
Donor Plaque Account $3881.96
Membership Update    61
Liability  Insurance 2017 1670.00

Holiday Events were again a problem this year.  Only 10 ballots were received for the lighting contest. Lighting contest winners were First 7601 E La Cienga, Second 2751 N Essel, Third 7504 E Rio Vista.

There was a nice attendance at the hayride except the wagon didn’t arrive.  One of the draft horses had passed away. Those who did come up had a great time with hot cider and meeting their neighbors.   We will talk about having a different company next year or even if we want to try again for the hayride. The food bank received $30 in donations.

The bridges were painted by Primavera and the association provided the paint and supplies. An anonymous member of the Association paid for the labor on the bridge. Hopefully it will last another 30 years or so.

The brush/bulky went well and the park looks great.

Mitch and Pat will attend the Old Pueblo Archaeology Fundraiser on January 21st

Annual Meeting   will be February 11, 2017 at Pat Wiedhopf house. Start time 10am. Letters will be mailed no later than 2/1. Newsletter 7 days prior.  Jill will also do personal delivery of the mailed letter to renters. Mitch will give a synopsis of happenings for 2016. Nominations will be taken from the floor and Jane Singer and Anna Watson-Bugge have volunteered for another 3 year term.

Ideas for this coming year were Ice Cream Social a raffle maybe besides the events we usually have.

Maybe add a spring yard sale again or change the time of the annual one to earlier in the year. Porch Fest a week or so later than last years. Also have a second date  for roll offs.  

Meeting adjourned at   8:15 pm.  Next meeting is 2/27/17 at Sharon’s  house.

__________

Vista Del Rio Residents’ Association, Inc.
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Monday February 27, 2017

The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm by Pat Wiedhopf. Cheryl Hoffman, Jill Kiefer, Sharon Spiker, Anna Watson-Bugge, Mitch Kagen, Jane Singer, and Hal Timinsky were present.

The minutes from January 16, 2017 meeting were approved as amended.

Treasurer’s Report:   Membership Account $2955.74
Donor Plaque Account $3881.96
Membership Update    43

From the annual meeting it was discussed about getting a rolloff for the dead end where La Cienega and Vista del Rio meet. There is a problem with overgrowth in that area. A problem with a manhole cover was discussed. The city needs to get involved with this.

The Banner with the Website address needs to go up.

The tour with Al Dart at the park will be March 18 from 10 to 11. The park will get a once over by Pat and whoever wants to double check.

Anna and Mitch gave a report on the OPAC tours.

Pat and Mitch gave a report on OPA fundraiser.

Discussion on upcoming events will be tabled, was discussed. We will go into more detail at the next meeting.  The newsletter and other information for the community will be ready for pick-up March 4th.

Jill and Sharon will work on giving new neighbors a welcome letter that Anna has worked on along with the booklet about our Historical Park.

Meeting adjourned at   8:40 pm.  Next meeting is 3/20/17 at Jill’s  house.

__________

Vista Del Rio Residents’ Association,Inc.
Annual Meeting, February 11, 2017
7510 E Rio Verde Drive

The meeting was called to order at 10:00 am by Anna who welcomed everyone to the annual meeting.  She also introduced the Board members.  Those present were Tina Baker, Mitch Kagen, Jill Kiefer, Sharon Spiker, Hal Timinsky, Jane Singer, Anna Watson-Bugge and Pat Wiedhopf

The meeting was chaired by Pat Wiedhopf.

Jill Kiefer read the minutes of the 2016 meeting and they were approved as read.

Copies of financial report were available for review and approved.  We had members 60 in 2016. The ending balance for the Membership Account was $875.74 and the Donor Account was 3881.96.

Jill opened nominations for membership to the board. Jane Singer, Anna Watson-Bugge and Cheryl Hoffman were the candidates presented.  There were no nominations from the floor. All were elected by vote of acclamation.

The archaeology report was given by Sharon Spiker.  Balance is $10842.06.  $1,000 was sent to city for end cap repair and $2,000 to Old Pueblo for education outreach.

Yearly activities were Yard Sales, Halloween Patrol, Porch Fest, Holiday Lighting Contest. The Hayride was cancelled due to weather conditions.

There was no old or new business. A call to the membership brought up suggestions and concerns. Among the concerns  unsafe sidewalks re: overhanging trees, uneven pavement– Wash cleaning – Speeding in neighborhood – Solicitations.  More use of the park for programs was suggested such a decorating it for the holidays.  Keep the value up for properties in the neighborhood being good neighbors. Drones flying around was also brought up.

The next board meeting will be February 27, 2017 at Sharon Spikers at 6:30.

The meeting was adjourned, with thanks to those who attended, at 10:56.

__________

Vista Del Rio Residents’ Association, Inc.
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Monday 3-20-17

The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm by Pat Wiedhopf. Cheryl Hoffman, Jill Kiefer, Anna Watson-Bugge and Hal Timinsky were present.

The minutes from February 27, 2017 meeting were approved as amended.

Treasurer’s Report:   Membership Account $3385.49
Donor Plaque Account $3881.96
Membership Update    58

Ceanne Alvine gave a presentation on Watershed Management.

Arroyo Restoration – watershed.org is the website that can tell you all you never knew about the riverbed we live on and the water level has sunk 24 feet from centuries ago.  Wood chips around the trees and shrubs help conserve water for the plants.

The tour with Al Dart on March 18 from 9 to 10 had a good attendance.  According to Alan there was been no digging that he can see.

Cheryl said the tree were down but still bushes at the street end.

Jill will contact Spenser about an ice cream social or something in the cul-de-sac on Essel.

For fall we will again have roll off at the North side of the park and this time at the dead end by Cheryl’s house for neighbors on the north end of Vista Del Rio.

There will also be a fall yard sale probably in October along with security for Halloween, and Christmas lighting contest.  The hayride is on hold while we check into finding a reliable company.

The next newsletter distribution will be in May for the upcoming summer events.

Meeting adjourned at   7:55 pm.  Next meeting is 4/17/2017 at Anna’s house.

__________

Vista Del Rio Residents’ Association, Inc.
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Monday April 17, 2017

The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm by Pat Wiedhopf. Cheryl Hoffman, Jill Kiefer, Mitch Kagen, ,Jane  Singer, Sharon Spiker, Anna Watson-Bugge and Hal Timinsky were present.

The minutes from March 20, 2017 meeting were approved as amended.

Treasurer’s Report:   Membership Account $3550.49
Donor Plaque Account $3881.96
Membership Update    62

Pat will call parks and rec about the crumbling adobe and missing letters on signage. She will find out who in ward 2 we are to contact for problems.

Membership letter will be put together by Anna along with the address on recently sold homes in the area. Sharon and Jill will see that they are delivered to the new residents and welcome them.

Jill will contact Lori about the idea of a porch fest later in the year.  Target date October 22, 2017

For fall we will again have rolloff at the North side of the park and this time at the dead end by Cheryl’s house for neighbors on the north end of Vista Del Rio. Target date is 10/13 thru 10/20.

There will also be a fall yard sale on October 14th.

The hayride is on hold while we check into finding a reliable company.

Anna will check on the Watershed Management program.

Meeting adjourned at  7:55 pm.  Next meeting is 8/7/2017 at Jane’s house.

__________

Vista Del Rio Residents’ Association, Inc.
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Monday August 7, 2017

The meeting was called to order at 6:34pm by Pat Wiedhopf.  Jill Kiefer, Tina Baker, Jane Singer, Sharon Spiker, Anna Watson-Bugge and Hal Timinsky were present.

The minutes from April 17, 2017 meeting were approved as amended.

Treasurer’s Report:   Membership Account $3625.49
Donor Plaque Account $3881.96
Membership Update    66                                          

Pat will call parks and rec about the irrigation pipe exposed by erosion. The person to contact is Jane at 307-1900

Membership letters were delivered by Jill.

For fall we will again have rolloff at the North side of the park and this time at the dead end by Cheryl’s house for neighbors on the north end of Vista Del Rio. Target date is 10/13 thru 10/20.

There will also be a fall yard sale on  October 14th.

Pat checked into the cutting of trees in the neighborhood by the park and just across the street from Camino Montarez. That area is under the La Villa at Vista Del Rio HOA not us.

The hayride is on hold while we check into finding a reliable company.

Anna will check on the Watershed Management program.

Jill will get further info about the porch fest.

Meeting adjourned at   8:03 pm.  Next meeting is 8/28/2017 at Jill’s house.

__________

Vista Del Rio Residents’ Association, Inc.
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Monday August 28, 2017

The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm by Pat Wiedhopf.  Jill Kiefer, Mitch Kaegen, Jane Singer, Sharon Spiker, Anna Watson-Bugge and Hal Timinsky were present.

The minutes from August 7, 2017 meeting were approved.

Treasurer’s Report:   Membership Account $3427.49
Donor Plaque Account $3881.96
Membership Update    67      

Odessa is now the admin for Paul Cunningham.  

The porch fest is still on hold.  Jill will work on it after the first of the year to see if it is a possibility.

The roll off’s will be delivered 10/13 thru 10/20. There will be 2 one at the regular place and one at the back of our complex.

The annual yard sale will be October 14,2017.

Hal will take care of the security guards for Halloween.

The hayride will be December 23 with hay on the wagon. Cost is $650.

Newsletters will go out 9/30/17               

Meeting adjourned at   8:15 pm.  Next meeting is 11/6/2017 at Anna’s house.

 __________

Vista Del Rio Residents’ Association, Inc.
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Monday November 11, 2017

The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm by Pat Wiedhopf, Cheryl Hoffman, Jill Kiefer, Mitch Kaegen, Sharon Spiker, Anna Watson-Bugge and Hal Timinsky were present.

The minutes from August 28, 2017 meeting were amended and approved.

Treasurer’s Report:   Membership Account $1726.49
                                                  Liability Ins. of $1791 was paid.
                                     Donor Plaque Account $3881.96
                                      Membership Update    70      

The rolloffs were delivered 10/13 thru 10/20.  There is a problem with landscapers using the dumpsters for Vista Del Rio and maybe other homes too.  Ideas are maybe to add another one in front on the north side of the park.

Hal paid the security guards for Halloween.

The hayride will be December 23 with hay on the wagon. Cost is $650. The ride will be from 5 to 8 at the cul de sac of Essel and Dos Mujeres Rd.  Spencer is agreeable to use his electrical and anything else needed.

We have been added to the list for street improvement for contact information by Odessa.  Maybe need speed humps improved.

Old Pueblo will be doing a free tour on March 3, 2018 of our site. As for a video of the site for a Boy Scout project, maybe Dick could help with this one. Pat will ask.

We need to get interest in the neighborhood for the need of more board members to help with our area.

Code Enforcement should be notified of problems with vacant homes and overgrown yards.

The Christmas lighting contest will be judged December 19 thru the 22. Ballots to be in to Jill’s house by 4pm on 22th of Dec and winners notified that night.  The hayride will be going by these houses the next night.  

A meeting to plan for the Annual meeting and regular business will be held 12/4/17 at Pat’s house. The Annual meeting will be February 10,2018 at Pat’s house.

Mitch reported that at the DAC Eastside police station meeting that people NEED to call 911 for even minor problems. Mitch will also send info to city to be sure we are on the list of Home Owner Assoc.

Meeting adjourned at 8:22   
 

__________

Vista Del Rio Residents’ Association, Inc.
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Monday December 4, 2017

The meeting was called to order at 6:37pm by Pat Wiedhopf, Cheryl Hoffman,  Jill Kiefer, Mitch Kaegen,  Sharon Spiker and Hal Timinsky were present.

The minutes from November 11, 2017 meeting were amended and approved.

Treasurer’s Report:   Membership Account $2086.49
                                     Donor Plaque Account $3881.96
                                      Membership Update    70      

The hayride will be December 23 with hay on the wagon. Cost is $650. The ride will be from 5 to 8 at the cul de sac of Essel and Dos Mujeres Rd.  Spencer is agreeable to use his electrical and anything else needed.

Cheryl will work with Odessa on the street improvements and other needs for the area. Mitch mentioned that Dan Porzio with the ward is working with the 2012 Bond oversight Prop 101 for the street repairs in Tucson.  

The Christmas lighting contest will be judged December 18 thru the 20. Ballots to be in to Jill’s house by 4pm on 21th of Dec and winners notified the next day.  The hayride will be going by these houses the 23rd.  Pat will bring supplies, Mitch the music and organize the volunteers. Set up 4:30 Hayride 5 to 8. $650 for 3 hours and a $100 bonus. Anna will take pictures. Donated money and food will go to the food bank.  

We will be changing banks from Chase to Wells Fargo.

Jill will be the member for the DAC Eastside meetings.  The next is January 31, 2018.

We will check with Michael Graham Dept of Transportation and Ted.Prezeski@Tucson.gov about the streets.

Next meeting will be January 22,2018 at Sharon Spiker’s House.  This will be a planning meeting for the annual Home Owner Residence Assoc meeting to be in February, 2018

Meeting adjourned at 7:40   
 

 

Advertisements